Every marketer knows the immense value of having multiple campaign touchpoints. And lucky for marketing professionals everywhere, USPS’ Informed Delivery® service taps into the power of multichannel campaigns, providing participating direct mailers with the opportunity to increase campaign awareness and engagement.
What is informed delivery?
Informed Delivery is a free service provided by USPS that allows residential consumers to digitally preview mail scheduled for delivery. Subscribers receive a daily email featuring scans of letter-sized mail pieces and package delivery details.
Why should you use informed delivery?
While Informed Delivery automatically provides subscribers with a low-resolution grey-scale scan of incoming mail, participating marketers will have their mail pieces appear as a full-color image linked to their website.
With nearly 51 million registrants since its launch in 2012 and an average email open rate of 68%, Informed Delivery enables marketers to increase response rates and campaign ROIs. Moreover, USPS offers postage discounts and other perks to direct mailers who use the service from August 1 through December 31.
And those aren’t the only benefits. Read on for five ways that Informed Delivery can enhance your campaign.
- Boost your response times. Informed Delivery provides an express lane to your organization’s website and donation page. Instead of waiting for a mailed response or hoping that supporters remember to manually visit your website after receiving your mailers, subscribers can learn more about your organization and make a contribution with just a few clicks directly from their email.
- Increase your engagement. Creating an express lane also increases engagement from supporters and prospects alike. As we all know, the more hoops a supporter needs to jump through, the less likely that they’ll stick it out all the way to your donation page. Informed Delivery makes it easy for subscribers to support your organization. And with over 1.4 billion impressions, USPS is seeing a tremendously high engagement rate among its active users.
- Reach more active supporters. Speaking of active users, it’s worth noting again that Informed Delivery subscribers boast an open rate of nearly 68% daily. While many organizations are struggling with email fatigue and lost subscribers due to data privacy regulations, Informed Delivery offers a way back into inboxes as recipients love this service—89% report being satisfied or very satisfied and 91% would recommend the service. What does this mean for you? More eyes on your content.
- Maximize your tracking. Give your Informed Delivery a boost by utilizing other USPS services such as the Intelligent Mail® barcode (IMb). IMb provides your organization with more mail tracing and processing information so you can know the exact delivery date of your mail. What’s more, it allows you to better track which recipients are responding and when they are doing so.
- Measure your campaign performance. The Informed Delivery dashboard makes it easy to view campaign results. With a quick scan, you can see the number of mail pieces and emails delivered along with email open rates and click-through rates. Pair all this data with any specialized offer codes and landing pages to generate a 360-degree view of your campaign’s success. Then, make the most of all this great data to plan your next campaign.
What are the next steps?
Informed Delivery boosts engagement, drives donations, and offers a simplified way to collect insightful data points—and this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you’re ready to jump in, now is a great time to get started with Informed Delivery: USPS is currently offering a 4% postage discount on eligible mail for all campaigns executed through December 31.
Looking for more information?
For more information or assistance with utilizing USPS services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.