Production Assistant -DC
The Lukens Company, a full-service direct response fundraising and marketing agency, seeks an ambitious self-starter to serve as Production Assistant, with a focus in print production for direct mail marketing. Located in Arlington, VA.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting members of the Production and Account Teams in managing select aspects of direct mail projects
- Opening jobs in our production management system and maintaining status
- Reviewing and coordinating production schedules with Account Managers to meet deadlines
- Continually monitoring the status of all works in progress to ensure delivery on time and within estimated budget
- Coordinating all work (data, artwork, copy, print proofs, etc) between outside vendors and the Account Teams
- Reviewing and routing set-ups (laser signoffs) and print proofs for direct mail projects
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of production signoffs through the TLC proofing system
- Supporting the billing process by facilitating and finalizing costs/invoices for each project
- Attending campaign kickoff meeting with the Production Managers and Account Teams
The ideal candidate will have basic direct mail or agency experience, be extremely well-organized, pay meticulous attention to detail, be able to multi-task, and be very comfortable working with data files, understanding data instructions and ensuring the accuracy of data.
In addition, the individual should have the willingness to learn and develop direct mail skills to service a variety of clients. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are necessary to be successful.
We offer competitive salaries, health and dental insurance and 401(k). Please email resume, references and salary history to Political@thelukenscompany.com and include Production Assistant in the subject line.