Account Director, Nonprofit - DC or LA
TLC seeks an Account Director, Nonprofit Division to establish a positive team-oriented corporate culture in which to lead account managers, production managers and support staff to provide high level service to assigned client accounts within the standards of the TLC brand.
- Solid understanding of direct response practices and strategies as it relates to Membership and Donor model nonprofit organizations
- Experience working in an agency, membership or development capacity – specifically management of direct response programs
- Lead the strategic direction of client accounts.
- Aide and support clients in all aspects of their fundraising, marketing and membership programs, as required.
- Ensure client schedules, campaigns and programs are executed on time for each client.
- Build lasting relationships with current and past clients through impeccable customer service.
- Define client goals and work to ensure client results meet those goals.
- Ensure that the right resources are being allocated to each client account.
- Lead by example and set a positive standard for team members to follow.
- Help develop team members through positive feedback and encouragement while reinforcing their strengths and helping them overcome their weaknesses.
- Motivate team members to take ownership of their clients.
- Be attuned to team members’ needs.
- Provide overall support and guidance to team members.
- Create an environment where people feel excited and happy to come to work
- Set clear goals and expectations for each team member so that there is no question on roles, duties and overall job descriptions.
- Recruit and seek out new clients and opportunities that fit in with the TLC mission.
- Reinforce the TLC brand through a host of methods; word-of-mouth, conferences etc.
- Ensure that baseline profitability is being met, at minimum, for each account and instill this goal in team members.
- Work to retain clients over time - be tuned-in to client satisfaction, concerns and frustrations
- Take time to promote new product offerings to clients within their scope of needs. Make recommendations with regards to; e-mail, online advertising, telemarketing, online reporting, survey research, and advanced analytics (LTV, MPA, RFM) that will enhance the current program and help the client to improve ROI and LTV.